Seems you want to Like/Comment on a post or you have a question to ask, its just a click a way Signup Or Register to continue
Login or Register to View User(s) Profile
This user will not be able to follow you or view your post, and you will not see post or notification from this user
15-05-2015 18:18:00 +0000
The more things change, the more they stay the same!
We have been seeing reports that, due to the advent of the CBT this year, JAMB is yet again pushing for an end to POST UTME exercises. They argue that fraud and quality issues have been resolved.
Back in 2011 JAMB tried unsuccessfully to force tertiary institution to end all post UTME entrance exams. They supported their position with the following statements:
1. They claimed that in terms of the laws of the Nigerian federation (2004), JAMB was the only statutory body mandated to conduct entrance examinations into universities.
2. They declared as "illegal, unconstitutional and wicked the current practice whereby universities conduct screening exercises for candidates submitted to them by JAMB before admitting them into their institutions".
3. They frowned upon the screening exercise fees charged by the universities, describing this practice as "extortionist".
On the other hand a legal representative for the universities made the following argument:
1. The laws establishing the universities allowed them to carry out quality control of prospective candidates via screening tests.
2. Second, quality control tests were part of an age-old tradition in virtually all universities in developed and developing countries.
3. The senate should not scrap Post-UTME, since its existence had helped the universities to undertake quality control of their students.
source : http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20111118195027947
As a Jambite, where do you fall on this issue? Do you support the elimination of post utme exams? Do you feel they are necessary?
15-05-2015 18:21:00 +0000
if a person can pass jamb den derex no need fr d p jamb
I dnt lyk post utme,I want it canceled. there are too many exams to write,waec,neco,GCE,jamb then another post utme?its too much pls.it should b eliminated
15-05-2015 18:22:00 +0000
its kind off necessary to undergo post utme buh on the other to ensure faster nd more assured entry into the uni its the other way round
15-05-2015 18:23:00 +0000
it is not good after all exams if u pass jamb anoda post utme there is god ooooooo...
15-05-2015 18:37:00 +0000
its quite unfair,sitting for jamb and making all effort to pass and one still v to face p.utme which many dnt really pass
15-05-2015 19:33:00 +0000
if u can pass post jamb then y can't u pass postjamb easily
15-05-2015 23:56:00 +0000
it too much for the exams, so let it be remove
16-05-2015 06:30:00 +0000
Take for instance a person that scored 280 in jamb nd opted in for medicine.... and scored 72 in post utme nd was given Micro biology...cus he is not an indigene of that skul town.....pls post utme shld be scrapped with d new government cumin in....i hope dy scrap post utme...
16-05-2015 07:27:00 +0000
its unfair to frustrate students all in the name of post utme. ..please let it be eliminated, is not necessary after all there are so many exams to undergo
16-05-2015 20:52:00 +0000