Login or Register to View User(s) Profile
This user will not be able to follow you or view your post, and you will not see post or notification from this user
01-08-2016 10:49:00 +0000
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has rescind her earlier decision to post names of students to various institutions for admission screening.The list of students earlier sent to the various institution by JAMB has been withdrawn immediately.
According to a statement signed by the JAMB Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin, the decision is to ensure that the Universities senate perform its statutory responsibility of conducting the selection of candidates.
There has been various reactions to this latest development from parents, guardian, students and stakeholders in the educational sector as some do not understand the next thing to do. These are the implications of the new JAMB decision
1. The University senate still retains its autonomy on admission of student but will refer the list to JAMB for confirmation.
2. Candidates who have undergone the admission screening exercises of their institutions should not panic. The screening is very valid and admission list will come out soon.
3. Candidates do not need to check their names on JAMB website any longer,but should proceed for the admission screening exercise of their school of choice.
4. The list earlier sent by JAMB to various schools is not the substantive admission list but a guide. (so if you see your name on JAMB website, it does not mean you have been admitted)
5. The ban of Post-UTME is still valid, candidates will only be admitted through admission screening.
6. Institutions that has conducted their admission screening will not need to conduct a new screening.
JAMB actually regrets any inconvenience its proactive actions would have caused the various tertiary institutions.
I believe this helps.
01-08-2016 10:51:00 +0000
Please is AAU screening form out?
thanks to you
01-08-2016 10:53:00 +0000
AAU has finished it's screening @sandra
01-08-2016 10:55:00 +0000
now u ar talking... I just hope unn would release dia list as early as possible...
new news every morning
01-08-2016 11:01:00 +0000
the full meaning of jamb is joinyt admissions matriculation board so is jamb now saying they are not capable of giving admissions to student? so what is their motive now just to be there and receive a go ahead from universities before a student can be admitted? hmm irrespective of the screening exercise that will be based on familiarity? ah! we don't enter am oh I was think this won't be a barrier for me but now? coa i don't even anybody in my school of choice #Godovereverything