Login or Register to View User(s) Profile
This user will not be able to follow you or view your post, and you will not see post or notification from this user
09-07-2016 06:55:00 +0000
2016/17 Admissions: AS JAMB CONTINUES TO FORWARD NAMES TO INSTITUTIONS
(As A UNN Aspirant, Never u lose Hope)
Well, I have some things to explain. But before that, & As a matter of fact, JAMB has just forwarded the names/data of some University aspirants to schools for ' Admission Consideration' (This means, Those whose names were sent to their preferred has passed the first admission stage, I.e they have been offered provisional admission).
HOW DO I CHECK MY NAME ON THE LIST SENT TO UNN BY JAMB?
Now, for those of you who has been asking me such question(s) here on Facebook & whatsapp, listen pls, U can only see your name(s) if Unilag uploads them on her website or portal, which I believe she would do in no long time. On the other hand, JAMB may still upload a portal for this on her website in no long time, so for now, Keep praying that God makes your name to be on the list. U would be informed when its uploaded & how to check yours.
IS THERE GOING TO BE PUTME THIS YEAR??
The answer is NO! FG & JAMB has just directed that NO school should conduct PUTME.
THEN HOW WOULD ADMISSIONS BE GIVEN?
U can only get admitted into UNN or any institution this year if JAMB sends your name to that school, & u pass her "Screening".
WHAT DO Daniel MEAN BY "SCREENING"?
Listen, screening here means checking your documents like WAEC/NECO/GCE/NABTEB, JAMB result, etc & other related areas.
NOTE (1): Unilag hasn't yet announced the date/time for the screening of those aspirants JAMB has sent to her. Unilag will do that in no long time.
NOTE (2): According to this just released JAMB admission guidelines (Items 4,5 6), Unilag may ask for your SSCE result during her screening or during your verification/Clearance, so get ready for whichever one that takes place.
WOULD Unilag USE THE 'POINT" SYSTEM IN GIVING ADMISSIONS?
No Dear! Nothing like that would be used this year. Not even the purported calculation of your SSCE Grades. Also, those with 'Awaiting SSCE results' should not be afraid or panic. It would be demanded when its ready.
WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF BEING ADMITTED INTO Unilag or any uni ON MERIT THIS YEAR?
Now read very well. Its starts with JAMB sending your name to Unilag or any uni.
2. It Depends If U will pass your uni screening.
3. It depends on your JAMB score & course. I.e the higher your JAMB score, the higher your chances of getting such course on MERIT.
5. Candidates or aspirants within UNN CATCHMENT AREAS may likely be considered. The CA's of UNN are Abia, IMO, Enugu, Anambra, Delta, EbonyI. Such persons have 35% of being admitted.
6. Those people from ELD's (Educationally-Less Developed Areas)/states. Such states are ZAmfara, Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe. They have 20% admission chance.
7. The cut off mark for your department/faculty this year. (UNN can say ONLY those with JAMB scores of 230+ will be admitted into Medicine/surgery on Merit)
8. Depends on the grace of God
WHAT IF JAMB SENDS MY NAME TO my uni BUT I DON'T GET ADMITTED ON THE MERIT LIST?
After the first admission list, Universities like Unn will advertise for 'Shopping Form' & those that missed the 1st list are expected to apply for this. At the end, u may be given another course. Even if your university Don't admit u at last, your name would be sent to either your 2nd or 3rd choice Institution for Admission consideration.
Finally, relax your mind my dear because your admission has already been SIGNED & COMFIRMED by God, so very soon, U will scream on top of your voice when the admission list surfaces. Remember,